Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Number 23

Thinking about the number 23 makes me think about Michael Jordan.

Despite the fact that I am not a sports fan, I have a lot of respect for him.

All the times he failed and could have quit, but didn't.

All of the practing he did, day after day, rain or shine.

And not stopping at basketball, but becoming an entrepreneur, an actor.

I would be hardpressed to find someone who didn't know who he is.

He was the best.

And thinking of him makes me think of a question that my mentor, Brian Carruthers has asked.

"If you became the Michael Jordan of your field, would it afford you your dream lifestyle?"

If the answer is no, then it's time to do something different.

And while I have found something that works for me, I do not assume that it will work for everyone.

But, the fact of the matter is: if you are stuck doing something that is unfulfilling, unsatisfying, and soul-sucking, that the most you get out of it is a meager paycheck, then, sir or madman, you are a slave!

"Well, at least I get paid."

Slaves were paid in food, shelter, clothing, and miscellaneous items. They even got days off to spend with their family and friends to dance, eat, drink moonshine, and hold church services.

But, that was it.

So, my questions are: when is the last time you had enough money left over after paying bills to go on vacation? Buy yourself something really nice?

With most living paycheck to paycheck, the answer is often times rarely ever.

That is the very definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

So, what is the solution.

Open your mind.

Open your mind to new ways of managing money.

Unfortunately, schools do not prepare us for this, so making more money often means being broke at a higher level.

Next, find a plan b outside of your job that will give you the option of choice.

If you only have income from your job, your choices are few.

But, if you have a side business that you can grow to match or exceed your job's income, you can choose to continue working, fully passionate, without finances looming over your head OR you can fire your boss.

That's true freedom.

Will you choose freedom with me?




No comments:

Post a Comment